Sparrow Graduate Medical Education Residency and Fellowship programs
As a major teaching hospital, Sparrow offers residents and fellows access to the best clinicians, technologies and facilities available. Sparrow enjoys a cooperative and collaborative relationship with Michigan State University Colleges of Human Medicine. Sparrow Hospital, in cooperation with MSU, provides a foundation for clinical and academic leadership through a stimulating environment with dedicated physician faculty, outstanding clinicians and personal mentors.
Sparrow offers a comprehensive, well-rounded set of clinical experiences that include patient care, academics and clinical research. For more information about our residency and fellowship programs, please visit the links below:
- Cardiology Fellowship
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Critical Care Fellowship New Site Coming Soon
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology Fellowship
- Family Medicine
- Gastroenterology Fellowship New Site Coming Soon
- General Surgery
- Hospice and Palliative Care Fellowship New Site Coming Soon
- Infectious Disease Fellowship
- Internal Medicine
- Interventional Cardiology Fellowship New Site Coming Soon
- Interventional Neurology
- Neonatology Fellowship
Sparrow is pleased to offer Visiting Resident opportunities to those that are in ACGME sponsored programs. Please fill out the Visiting Resident Application. Visiting Resident opportunities will be considered based on availability and approval from the Graduate Medical Education office and the Program you are hoping to rotate to.
Visiting Medical Students for Students Underrepresented in Medicine
In order to further promote greater diversity, equity and inclusion in the field of medicine and to enrich our applicant pool, Sparrow Hospital and the office of Graduate Medical Education is proud to offer individual $1,000 scholarships for medical students that come from traditionally underrepresented racial/ethnic groups. This scholarship may be utilized for travel, housing, meals, and other expenses related to time spent on these two to four -week electives at Sparrow Hospital. This scholarship will be provided based upon successful completion of the rotation and after submission of appropriate documentation of incurred expenses up to $1,000.
- Students must currently be in their 3rd year of medical school applying for 4th year electives
- Students much be in good academic standing at an LCME accredited U.S. Medical School or COCA accredited U.S. Osteopathic Medical School
- Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Students must come from a background that is traditionally underrepresented in medicine which is defined as the following races/ethnicities:
- African American
- Native American
- Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian
- Students must reside a minimum of 60 miles from Lansing, Michigan.
The following are required for consideration of the Visiting Student Scholarship Application:
- Students should submit to Sparrow Hospital a visiting rotation application through VSAS with all institutional requirements completed.
- Send the following to the email@example.com with subject line “Sparrow Visiting Student Elective Scholarship Program”
- A Letter of Interest (no more than 400 words) in which you describe a bit about yourself, reasons behind your interest in the specialty elective , and career goals that you may have.
- A copy of your current CV
- Application (see below for application)
View full Rules.pdf